Yields: 4 servings as a side
For the squash
- 2 zucchini and/or summer squash, about ½ lb each
- 1 tablespoon cooking extra virgin olive oil
For the marinade
- ¼ cup (45g) PRMRY Transform extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (25g) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (21g) light miso
- ¼ teaspoon medium-spiced ground chili
- 1 teaspoon sweetener; sugar, maple syrup, or honey
- A loose ¼ cup julienned basil, for finishing
Combine the PRMRY olive oil, rice vinegar, light miso, ground chili, and sweetener in a bowl. Whisk to combine, then taste and adjust levels of ground chili and sweetener to your liking. Set the marinade aside.
Heat your grill or grill pan to medium (450˚F to 500˚F). Give the squash a wash, pat dry, then slice both in half lengthwise. Toss with the cooking extra virgin olive oil and place on the heated grill, cut-side down. Grill until charred, flip, and repeat. Remove from heat and carefully cut ½” thick slices while still warm, either straight on or on the bias. Place in a bowl and pour the marinade over the still-warm squash. Add the basil and stir/toss until the squash is coated. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo by Erin Alderson