For the Cabbage
- 3 ounces (90g) goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons (36g) heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large garlic clove (8g)
- 2 tablespoons cooking evoo, plus extra for cabbage if needed
- 1 small head savoy cabbage (12oz / ¾ lb)
- 2 tablespoons toasted/crushed hazelnuts
- PRMRY Enhance extra virgin olive oil, as desired
- Finishing salt, as desired
Combine the goat cheese with the heavy cream, salt, and lemon zest. Whip together well and set aside.
Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Heat a 10-inch pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, let it heat up, then add the sliced garlic. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the garlic is golden. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the garlic from the pan and set aside.
Trim the base of the cabbage slightly, leaving most of the base intact. Cut the cabbage in half and cut each half into four wedges. Return the pan to a medium-high heat and once it’s hot again add the wedges of cabbage. Cook until the cabbage side is charred, flip, and repeat with the other side. If it looks like there’s not a lot of oil left, add 1-2 more tablespoons to the pan. Once both sides are charred, remove the cabbage from the heat.
Spread the goat cheese mixture in a low bowl and top with the cabbage wedges. Finish with the toasted hazelnuts, garlic crisps, a solid drizzle of PRMRY Enhance, and salt. Yields about 4 servings as a side.
Photo and recipe by Erin Alderson