Carrot Soup with Dill and Miso
Yields about 2 servings
For the Soup
- 2 tablespoons cooking extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sizable yellow onion (350g to 400g), diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3-4 sizable garlic cloves (18g to 20g), minced
- 1 lb (458) carrots, sliced
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups water (or vegetable broth)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light miso
For the Toppings
- Fresh minced dill
- Ground chile powder
- PRMRY Transform extra virgin olive oil
Heat a medium pot over medium heat and add the olive oil followed by the minced onion and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and fragrant. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute, until the garlic is fragrant as well. Next, stir in the carrots followed by 4 cups of water or broth. Cover and cook until the carrots are quite tender.
Once the carrots are tender, transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. If the soup looks thick or is having trouble blending, add a bit more liquid. Once the soup is smooth, transfer back to the pot. Whisk the heavy cream and miso together then add to the soup. Cook until the soup is hot, tasting and adjusting levels of salt as desired.
Divide the soup into bowls and top with the fresh dill, ground chile powder, and our TRANSFORM oil.
Recipe and photo by Erin Alderson